Position: Vice President of Communications, California
Location: California (San Diego, Los Angeles, Sacramento or San Francisco preferred)
The California office of Strategies 360, a leading Western-based public affairs and communications firm, is seeking a talented and experienced communications professional with policy, government affairs and/or political expertise to join our team. With passionate people, an array of service lines and practice areas, and a broad client roster, S360 tackles complex issues on behalf of public agencies, businesses and non-profits, delivering a tailored approach to meet their goals.
This is a key position in a fast-growing company that has offices in 13 Western states, Washington, D.C., and Canada.
The position will be responsible for developing and implementing communications strategies and tactics on behalf of our diverse roster of clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in communications and experience working at the intersection of business and public policy. We need someone who is a strong writer, effective communicator, and strategic thinker who can incorporate feedback from multiple sources into their work. Additionally, candidates need the ability to distill complex issues into easy to understand and effective messages to the general public as well as target audiences for our clients. Our ideal candidate understands how to manage political and communication challenges and can help strategically navigate clients through local and state matters.
- Develop and execute comprehensive strategic communications plans for our clients.
- Lead media planning and outreach strategies, including earned and owned media.
- Develop compelling content including press releases, opinion editorials, sign on letters, advertising and social media copy, blog posts, and other communications needs.
- Craft strategic messaging and talking points aligned to distinct audience groups.
- Support crisis communications as needed.
- Build collateral content, working across firm services with our creative, web engineering and digital media teams.
- Serve as day-to-day communications strategy lead across multiple accounts, demonstrating the experience and knowledge to support clients as a trusted advisor and deliver results.
- Support business development activities across the state, including proposal drafting and pitch meetings.
- Some travel is required.
- Experience working in a fast-paced policy, political, or communications environment
- Strategic thinker with strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills
- Well organized with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in client, campaign, and/or project management
- Creative, collaborative and self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, communications, journalism, or a related field
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
Salary for this role is competitive and commensurate with experience. Salary range: $130,000 to $150,000. Excellent benefits, including health, dental, and 401k plan. Strategies 360 is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Please send a resume and an email to Raegan Gall, SVP of Communications, California, at email@example.com with the subject line: “VP Comms – California.”