Strategies 360 is a public affairs, government relations, strategic communications, creative and digital agency headquartered in Seattle, WA. We are looking for a team lead and copywriter for our political campaigns team that works across multiple states on local, regional, and statewide races.
Candidates must have specific experience working on competitive political and issues campaigns as well as writing short- and long-form, direct mail, persuasive, narrative, and digital copy. Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of and experience with best practices around political campaign and issues-based collateral that moves audiences to action and wins.
With 15 offices around the western US and D.C., we work with clients on research, public affairs and communications projects as well as brand and creative work.
- Write expository, narrative, and persuasive copy primarily associated with political and issues-based campaigns for direct mail, collateral, websites, and digital marketing for a variety of clients and campaign cycles.
- Lead a team of project managers, designers and other staff including prioritizing and directing work.
- Work in partnership with campaign clients, S360 state offices and other S360 teams to develop strategy, content, and collateral.
- Develop an understanding of clients’ campaign strategy, including based on voter research top lines, and turn that information into compelling written content.
- Create content that is insightful, culturally relevant and inherently shareable.
- Edit, format and rewrite content received from client and third parties to be on strategy and persuasive.
- Meet multiple tight turnaround deadlines with an ability to multi-task and react to immediate client/project needs with accountability.
- 4+ years as a professional copywriter with experience creating copy for political campaign collateral in competitive races over at least three cycles. Samples will be requested.
- Knowledge of and interest in targeting, voter contact and engagement, politics and issues, and the best practices on how to write to impact and move people to action.
- Ability to distill voter and public opinion research into strategic, channel-appropriate content and messaging.
- Skill and experience at concepting creative design for direct mail and working with creative teams to execute. Familiarity with print processes.
- Adept at client services with an ability to work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to write in a range of voices and different styles for a variety of industries.
- Preference for a degree in Political Science or Communications.
- Demonstrated ability to follow brand guidelines, campaign compliance and direction from clients and design teams as necessary.
- Solid grammar, editing and proofreading capabilities.
- Experienced user of social media.
- Availability to work extended business hours as needed to meet deadlines.
- Expertise in written English, with an understanding of online usage.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
No phone calls please. Apply by sending a cover letter, resumes and writing samples to email@example.com.