Strategies 360 is looking to hire an energetic, detail-oriented self-starter as the new Communications Manager in our Anchorage, Alaska office. This role will work with Strategies 360 teams in Alaska and across our footprint to help our clients in all facets of strategic communication.
The successful candidate will assist with social media management and content creation, develop compelling messaging, pitch stories to the media, produce opinion editorials, draft and implement communication plans, and respond to other issues as they arise.
This is a position in a fast-growing company that has offices in 13 states across the western US, 2 Canadian provinces, Indonesia and Washington D.C. We need someone who is a good collaborator, a strong writer and a solid communicator. We need people who understand or can learn how to manage political and communication challenges at the national, state and local levels and can help communicate those issues to clients and the general public.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with developing, implementing, and monitoring marketing and communication campaigns
- Prepare and/or edit material for clients, including communication plans, press releases, opinion editorials and talking points
- Create content for social media platforms, assist with management and monitoring duties on multiple platforms
- Work with internal teams to create digital marketing campaigns
- Create and maintain spreadsheets, databases, documents and presentations
- Stay up to date on industry trends and able to stay ahead of the curve
- Attend and take notes at client meetings
- Provide account and project support as needed
- Track and manage incoming invoices, contracts, expense reports
- Represent clients at events and press conferences as needed
- Communicate with media and other influencers to arrange story placement in local, state and national outlets
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, marketing, business, political science or communications-related field (or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years prior experience working in a marketing or communications role
- Proven success working on a team to execute marketing and communications strategies and campaigns
- Understanding of how communication impacts public policy
- Proficiency in (or ability to learn) social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok
- Proactive, excellent organizational and project management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Analytical and strategic thinker
- Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently
- Experience simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Resourcefulness with an aptitude for solving problems
This is a non-exempt position with benefits that include:
- Salary commensurate with experience ($50,000 to $60,000 annually)
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401k plan
About Strategies 360
- Strategies 360 is one of the country’s leading strategic positioning firms. We are experts at negotiating the political landscape, crafting content, building coalitions and targeting communications. We create the environment for our clients’ business and public policy successes.
- The Alaska team carefully crafts strategies that work within the client’s budget to help them realize long-term financial growth and maintain business, social, or political relevance. In the 21st century, business strategy, public policy, communication and marketing are all intertwined. Strategies 360 provides expertise in all these disciplines under one roof. We achieve success with thorough public opinion research, targeted messaging, compelling campaigns, and coalition building from Alaska to the halls of the Capitol in Washington, D.C.
How to Apply
- Send resume, cover letter, writing sample, and references to Charles Fedullo, Senior Vice President, Alaska at firstname.lastname@example.org