Strategies 360 is seeking a qualified and motivated person to join our public opinion and market research practice in the role of Data Director.
Strategies 360 is an opinion research and public affairs firm with offices in 13 western states (AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, TX, UT and WA), Washington, DC, and Vancouver, B.C. We work with some of the country’s leading public agencies, campaigns, businesses, and advocacy organizations. Using a full range of quantitative and qualitative methods and tools, we help our clients develop messaging, marketing, and campaign strategies.
This position reports directly to the Senior Vice Presidents of Research and offers experienced candidates an excellent opportunity to grow their career. Well-suited candidates will be motivated by the challenges driven by the rapid changes within the polling industry and the opportunities offered by helping lead our team into a more holistic approach to opinion research that better marries traditional and emerging research methodologies with advanced analytics and data science.
The Data Director will be provided the support and freedom to help make our data more accurate, insightful, and actionable for our clients. The right candidate will be an experienced professional in the field of analytics and quantitative data analysis who enriches our team with their creativity, intellectual curiosity, and team-first attitude.
This individual will be primarily internal-facing and will support the client-facing research team in three principal areas:
- Managing the research team’s core data and programming tasks.
- Leading tasks like weighting, data runs, and banner development
- Cleaning, structuring, processing, and analyzing raw survey data
- Building upon and improving S360 back-end data analysis systems and workflow
- Conducting statistical analyses of survey data.
- Conducting statistical analyses of survey, census, and voter file data, including regressions,cluster analysis, factor analysis, conjoint analysis, multilevel regression and post-stratification,and other inferential and descriptive statistical techniques
- Assisting in front-end design of survey experiments such as MaxDiff, Conjoint, QuadraticVoting, etc.
- Assisting in reporting analyses in a client-friendly way and using them to inform client strategy
- Ensuring the fidelity of our data and keeping our firm on the forefront of innovative methodological practices.
- Assisting in the development of new approaches for improving the accuracy of our survey data
- Incorporating innovative new methodologies and approaches into S360’s projects and back-end data analysis
- Proactively seeking to advance the firm’s methodological practices and understanding of theelectorate
- Studying demographic and methodological trends to improve data collection techniques
Candidates need not have direct experience in all three of these categories, but they should be willing and able to learn and engage deeply in each.
- At least five years of experience in a mid-senior level data role
- Experience with statistical software and programming languages (R, Python, Stata, Q, Wincross, etc.)
- Expertise in quantitative methods, social science, demography, survey methodology, or related fields
- Expertise in statistical analysis techniques such as regressions, multilevel regression and post-stratification, cluster analysis, conjoint analysis, factor analysis, MaxDiff, etc.
- Deep interest in politics, campaigns, and public policy—and how data and analytics can be moreeffectively used to impact them
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field (data science, social science, statistics, etc.)
- Experience in political campaigns and survey research preferred but not strictly required
- Experience managing or assisting in the management of multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced but friendly and team-first environment
- Strategies 360 is headquartered in Seattle, Washington; the ideal candidate would be located in (or willing to relocate to) Seattle, but applicants in other locations are encouraged to apply and will be considered on their merits
- The salary for this position will be between $105,000 and $130,000 and depend upon the applicant’sexperience and qualifications
- Generous paid vacation
- Fantastic individual and family health care coverage: employer pays full health care premium
- 401k plan
- A collaborative atmosphere which values intellectual curiosity, creativity, and a team-first attitude
- A friendly office environment. Strategies 360’s Seattle headquarters features a top-of-the-line office space with rooftop views of Lake Union and downtown Seattle, a fully stocked cafeteria, frequent office meals, and biannual staff retreats.
Strategies 360 is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our team. We encourage all qualified applicants to submit a resume and you will be considered regardless of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, or religion.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.