Strategies 360 is seeking a talented government affairs professional to join our growing Oregon team in a new position. This job requires excellent interpersonal and communications skills as well as strong organizational abilities to work on projects for multiple clients. Oregon legislative or political experience is strongly preferred. The Government Affairs Associate will work closely with other members of S360’s team, clients, and partners to execute comprehensive and strategic government relations plans that advance our clients’ goals.
- Assist with legislative, regulatory, and outreach projects for a range of clients.
- Build and maintain effective bipartisan working relationships with elected officials andstaff in the Oregon Legislature, Governor’s Office, and state agencies.
- Monitor committee hearings, meetings, agendas, and other legislative activities.
- Schedule meetings with elected officials and staff for clients and colleagues.
- Coordinate client lobby days at the Capitol.
- Help manage coalitions that include a wide range of allies.
- Draft position papers, correspondence, talking points, and testimony.
- Maintain positive client relationships.
- Provide policy and budget updates for clients and other team members.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for colleagues and clients.
- Manage quarterly lobbying disclosure reports and filings.
- Participate in business development opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Successful experience working with and/or lobbying elected officials.
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic.
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to properly handle private and confidential matters.
- Willingness to commute daily to Salem during legislative sessions
Strategies 360 is the leading public affairs, government relations, communications, and research firm in the West. With team members on the ground in all 12 Western states and Washington D.C., S360’s team is large enough to bring deep advocacy, coalition-building, and communications expertise, and small enough to master attention to detail, excellent customer service, and sharp strategic thinking that gets results for our clients. We hire the best in Oregon– people with the know-how and determination to get the job done.
S360 is an equal opportunity employer. Salary is dependent on experience. We offer a competitive benefits package including employer-paid medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances; 401(k) retirement plan; and paid vacation and sick leave.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by October 10, 2019.