Strategies 360, a leading Seattle-based strategic communications firm, is seeking a talented communications professional with an education/school district, journalism, campaign, non-profit, government agency or political background to create and implement strategic communications work for our education clients and projects.
This is a unique position in a fast-growing company that has offices in 12 Western states and Washington D.C. We need someone who is a strong writer, who understands complex public education issues and policies at the national, state and local level and can communicate those issues to the general public. Additionally, candidates need strong communications skills to create compelling messaging and materials, write interesting social media posts, produce PowerPoint presentations, assist with digital media efforts and help project manage tasks for the four-person team.
Job duties would entail:
- Writing and editing messaging documents, one pagers, mailers, social media posts and digital content for education clients.
- Supporting multiple team members with work, as well as helping manage and track projects for the team.
- Help coordinate projects with other teams within the S360 office, including tracking edits/projects with our creative and video team, web engineering team and digital media team. Also, helping coordinate monthly billing for clients with our accounting team.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, Political Science, or communications-related field
- Creative and self-motivated with excellent writing and editing skills, including an eye for details and accuracy.
- Well organized, deadline focused with some project management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a political or policy environment
- 5-7 years of experience
- Sense of humor is always appreciated!
Location: Seattle/South Lake Union
Salary for this job is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits, including health, dental and 401k plan. Strategies 360 is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Send a brief cover letter, resume and three writing samples (all saved in one PDF attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line “education position.”
Application Deadline: Send all materials by Monday, August 26th at 5pm.