Strategies 360 (S360) is seeking a Communications Associate to help service clients in the non-profit, government, and corporate sectors.
About Strategies 360
Strategies 360 is the leading public affairs, government relations, communications, and research firm in the West. With people on the ground in all 12 Western states and Washington D.C., S360’s team is large enough to bring deep advocacy, coalition-building, and communications expertise, and small enough to master attention to detail, excellent customer service, and sharp strategic thinking that gets results for our clients. We hire the best people with the know-how and determination to get the job done.
We work with clients in a wide variety of sectors, including energy, maritime, manufacturing, agriculture, aquaculture, education and Native American tribes.
The Communications Associate is responsible for:
- Producing, editing, and overseeing high quality written content for S360 colleagues and clients.
- Maintaining the external-facing communications channels of the firm, including email lists, the company web site and social-media streams.
- Working closely with the Senior Vice President of Communications and the Director of Public Affairs and Communications on developing content for clients.
- Participating in our national crisis communications network to help respond to immediate client needs.
- Working with other service areas of the firm (research, web engineering group, and digital marketing) to deliver high-quality work to our clients.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- News junkie
- Experience developing relationships with journalists
- At least one year of experience in a communications role
- Familiarity with political and public affairs issues
- Functional understanding of social media and supporting content management applications
S360 is an equal opportunity employer. Salary is dependent on experience. We offer a competitive benefits package including employer-paid medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances; 401(k) retirement plan; and paid vacation and sick leave.
Please send a cover letter expressing your interest in working with our firm, a resume and a writing sample in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by Feb. 15, 2019.