Strategies 360, a leading Seattle-based strategic communications firm, is seeking a talented communications professional with an education, journalism, campaign, non- profit or political background to create and implement strategic communications plans for our education clients and projects.
This is a unique position in a fast-growing company that has offices in 12 Western states and Washington D.C. We need someone who is a strong writer, who understands complex public education issues and policies at the national, state and local level and can communicate those issues to the general public. Additionally, candidates need strong communications skills to create compelling messaging and materials, pitch stories to the media, produce PowerPoint presentations, assist with digital media efforts and respond to issues as they arise.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or communications-related field
· Project management experience
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Creative and self-motivated with excellent writing and editing skills
· Strong understanding of AP Stylebook and press release formats
· Experience working in a political or policy environment
· Sense of humor is always appreciated
Salary for this job is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits, including health, dental and 401k plan. Strategies 360 is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Send a brief cover letter, resume and three writing samples (all saved in one PDF attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “education position.”