Strategies 360 is seeking a qualified Staff Accountant to support the Finance Department. Strategies 360 is a full service strategic communications firm with 15 offices in 12 states (AK, AZ, CO, ID, HI, MT, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA and Washington, D.C). We help create the environment for business and public policy success in the West and across the U.S.
The Staff Accountant performs a wide variety of regular and recurring moderately complex accounting functions including, but not limited to, creating operational and financial reports for end users on as-needed basis, as well as ad-hoc analysis, preparing journal entries, and account reconciliations. Assist in interpreting accounts and records for business leaders.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Oversee all activities in the accounts receivable and payable function.
- Manage client billings; maintain client records and contracts, invoice clients per contract terms, assists clients with inquires, monitor client accounts for delinquent payments or other irregularities.
- Manage vendor expenses; receive and evaluate vendor invoices and incoming transactions, accurately code and job cost expenses, respond to payment inquires, maintain employee reimbursement process, and negotiate pricing and terms.
- Reconciles corporate credit cards, ensuring the accounts balance to underlying support and investigating and resolving any reconciling items
- Communicate with executive staff and project leads; verify client contract terms, respond to inquiries, maintain open communications regarding upcoming dates and requirements, maintain and receive reporting from leads.
- Process employee expenses in accordance with company policy while ensuring proper documentation requirements are met
- Assist with monthly closing procedures.
- Proactively identify and communicate internal process improvements to optimize efficiencies, improve quality of analysis and develop new reports.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is preferred or 1-3 years of experience in the field
- Proficient data entry and computer skills, including basic MS Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook and Quickbooks or like type financial system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, time manage and multi-task with limited supervision and sometimes under time pressure
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude and a team player.
- Dependability, flexibility and professional demeanor
Strategies 360 offers a competitive benefits package including employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k, paid time off, and garage parking or transportation pass. Salary is dependent on experience.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.